Engineer- Boardman West
Started in 1950 on a small farm in the Northwest region of the U.S., Lamb Weston has grown to be one of the world’s largest frozen potato companies, happily delivering the delicious goodness of fries to more than 100 countries. Lamb Weston has created inventive products and processes that are standards in the industry. When we look at a potato, we see possibilities.
Our people are a valuable and integral part of our business and play a vital role in our success as an organization. At Lamb Weston we offer the financial stability and career potential of a true industry leader.
Lamb Weston will offer you the opportunity to put your education and skills to work as part of a great team, contributing to the achievement of the organization’s goals and objectives. You will be challenged to take responsibility, drive results, show creativity, and display initiative - and you will be rewarded for your contributions and impact.
Let’s explore the possibilities together.
Provides support to the Boardman West Plant for development and implementation of capital projects. Responsibilities include participation in project teams under direction of the Plant Engineer Manager and other managers as well as coordination and direction of projects. Work includes preparation of studies, reports, schedules, budgets, inspections, bid requests, evaluation of bid submittals, direction and coordination of contractors, project closeouts and analysis. The job requires excellent technical, organizational and communication.Key Accountabilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
• Provides a variety of project engineering work in planning and design of electrical, mechanical and structural industrial processes and facilities.
• Preparation of design concepts and budgets.
• Analysis of process and facility systems.
• Oversee installation, including installing and upgrading processing systems, development of facilities and associated support systems.
• May direct teams or participate as a team member of a larger project team depending on the assignment.
• Requires the ability to perform engineering analysis, design development, prepare specifications and bid packages, prepare engineering drawings and layouts, administrate bids, prepare and direct construction safety programs, direct construction activities and coordinate startup and completion processes.
• Preparation of reports, schedules, budgets, inspections, bid requests, evaluation of bid submittals, direction and coordination of contractors, project closeouts and analysis.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a closely related field
• Excellent technical and analytical skills
• Must be detail orientated
• Proven self-starter and work history profile
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
• Proficient in MS Office, with a high emphasis in Excel
• Professional registration or EIT status
• Potato process plant experience in production/quality assurance/support
• 3-5 years engineering experience in projects/maintenance work
• APPT training
Lamb Weston is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Join Our Talent Community!
Click in the Talent Community box above to create your profile, select your interests, and receive information about new roles and upcoming events!
|General Laborer- Boardman West Boardman, Oregon||Boardman, Oregon||Jun 1, 2017|
|Process Mechanic- Boardman West Boardman, Oregon||Boardman, Oregon||Jun 6, 2017|
|Fryer Operator- Boardman West Boardman, Oregon||Boardman, Oregon||Jun 1, 2017|
|Process Utility- Boardman West Boardman, Oregon||Boardman, Oregon||Jun 1, 2017|
|Sanitation Laborer- Boardman West Boardman, Oregon||Boardman, Oregon||Jun 1, 2017|
|Lift Truck Operator - Boardman West Boardman, Oregon||Boardman, Oregon||May 24, 2017|
|Boiler & Refrigeration Mechanic- Boardman West Boardman, Oregon||Boardman, Oregon||Jun 1, 2017|
|Lift Truck Operator - Boardman West Boardman, Oregon||Boardman, Oregon||Jun 1, 2017|
|Senior Electrical Tech Lead- Boardman West Boardman, Oregon||Boardman, Oregon||Jun 20, 2017|
|General Laborer - Boardman Packaging Boardman, Oregon||Boardman, Oregon||Jun 6, 2017|
|Palletizer - Boardman Packaging Boardman, Oregon||Boardman, Oregon||Apr 12, 2017|
|Sanitation Tech - Boardman Packaging Boardman, Oregon||Boardman, Oregon||Jun 16, 2017|
|General Laborer - Boardman/Hermiston , Oregon||, Oregon||Apr 12, 2017|
|Sanitation - Boardman/Hermiston Boardman, Oregon||Boardman, Oregon||Apr 17, 2017|