Started in 1950 on a small farm in the northwest region of the U.S., Lamb Weston has grown to be one of the world's largest frozen potato companies, happily delivering the delicious goodness of fries to more than 100 countries. While our growth has been remarkable, we've never forgotten where we came from. We see things differently–just like our founder, Gilbert Lamb, did back in 1950. Amazing what a little ambition and a lot of hard work can do.The Role
This position is responsible for providing leadership and direction to plant maintenance department responsible for repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment in manufacturing operations. SCOPE: Medium-sized plant or reports through Plant Engineering.
Incumbent in this position must:
Follow all plant safety policies and procedures. Be actively involved in safety, participate in safety programs, engaged in safety activities, perform risk assessments and demonstrate ownership as well as leadership in personal safety and the safety of other team members.
- Responsible to eliminate all causes of failure and ensure full useful life in coordination with daily maintenance completed by operating personnel.
- Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation to ensure continuous production operations.
- Creates and manages the maintenance and stores budgets.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Execute plant-specific vision and mission to assure continuous improvement and alignment with the corporate vision.
- Ensure that all manufacturing / facility systems are properly resourced and that all resources are efficiently utilized.
- Direct maintenance supervisors and hourly maintenance associates in their roles and responsibilities to meet plant objectives in safety, quality, cost, and customer service.
- Provide technical support for efficient troubleshooting / problem solving activities and maintenance repair to maximize efficiencies and limit downtime.
- Continuously apply sound mechanical and electrical solutions to resolve hindrances to plant efficiencies and to drive continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership in implementing / maintaining preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Manage maintenance department costs within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure that appropriate inventory levels for standard replacement parts are maintained.
- Manage the buildings and grounds such that good manufacturing practices (GMP) are adhered to and a professional appearance is maintained.
- Perform follow-up analysis to identify and resolve recurring downtime / inefficient operational issues.
- Schedule mandatory inspections and coordinate certifications and appropriate authorities.
- Ensure environmental compliance.
- Drive employee engagement, training, and development to maximize manufacturing, quality, safety, and productivity goal attainment.
- Effectively communicate results and action plans to appropriate employees and managers.
- Collaborate directly with human resources to insure employee issues or concerns are correctly addressed and resolved.
- Collaborate with finance to create and execute a maintenance and capital budget to insure that financial allocations and obligations are set, administered and met.
- Initiate cost savings measures.
- Ensure all plant maintenance operations are conducted in a safe and controlled environment.
- Ensure all quality and regulatory standards, specifications and policies are met or exceeded.
- Follow good housekeeping practices and GMP's.
- Wear required PPE.
- Actively participate in AMD activities
- Perform any other duties as assigned by a Team Leader
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job. To successfully perform this job an individual must:
- Strong computer application skills, network and PC business application software
- Basic mathematical and statistical skills
- Basic financial skills and understanding
- Food industry and experience in a union / union free environment preferred
- Key Leadership Competencies in addition to Ethics / Values and Integrity / Trust, (Action Oriented, Directing Others, Priority Setting, Decision Quality, Organizing, Process Management)
- Read, understand, and obey all plant rules and practice safety as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Practice proper body mechanics and safe lifting techniques.
- Be knowledgeable of the potential hazards and safety procedures associated with the task being performed.
- Actively practice and abide by all Company work, safety, and personal hygiene rules and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
Must be able to work independently and as a team player, be organized, and plan ahead.
· 7-10 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
· 3-5 years Supervisory / Management experience
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, Manufacturing, Production Operations Management or equivalent field of study.Other
- Effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing. Ability to understand instructions and follow directions in English.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. The employee:
- The noise level in the work environment can exceed 85 dB.
- Will regularly work near moving mechanical parts.
- Will frequently be exposed to humid conditions as well as moderate heat.
- May be occasionally work around fumes or airborne particles, chemicals, and vibration.
- Will work around forklift traffic.
Lamb Weston is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Join Our Talent Community!
Click in the Talent Community box above to create your profile, select your interests, and receive information about new roles and upcoming events!
|Maintenance Lead Boardman, Oregon||Boardman, Oregon||Jun 26, 2017|
|Maintenance Mechanic Twin Falls, Idaho||Twin Falls, Idaho||May 11, 2017|
|Maintenance Mechanic Paterson, Washington||Paterson, Washington||May 25, 2017|
|Processing Maintenance I Hermiston, Oregon||Hermiston, Oregon||Jun 28, 2017|
|Maintenance Lead, Richland Plant Richland, Washington||Richland, Washington||Jun 12, 2017|
|Lead Maintenance Clerk Paterson, Washington||Paterson, Washington||Jun 23, 2017|
|Packaging Maintenance Mechanic Pasco, Washington||Pasco, Washington||Jun 21, 2017|
|Security Manager Kennewick, Washington||Kennewick, Washington||Jun 9, 2017|
|Manager Communications Eagle, Idaho||Eagle, Idaho||May 24, 2017|
|Manager Marketing Boise, Idaho||Boise, Idaho||Apr 17, 2017|
|Manager-Corporate Accounting Eagle, Idaho||Eagle, Idaho||Jun 14, 2017|
|Manager, Category Leadership Naperville, Illinois||Naperville, Illinois||Jun 26, 2017|
|Manager Plant Continuous Improvement Taber, Alberta||Taber, Alberta||Jun 6, 2017|
|Associate Manager Category Leadership Boise, Idaho||Boise, Idaho||Jun 19, 2017|